|Many people have become very disappointed during this economic downturn. In the past, scientific researchers, engineers, and other noteworthy individuals have filed NIW and EB-1A petitions to obtain a green card and stay in the U.S. However, during this economic decline, many of them are reluctant to try anymore. One of the reasons is that they are thinking about going back to their home country to develop their career, especially when China and India have a booming economy. |
Our suggestions for you: still apply for an NIW or an EB-1A I-140 case even though you are thinking about going back to your home country or another country in the near future. There are the following benefits in doing so:
1. An I-140 case approval is good forever, as long as you remain in the field that you claim in the petition. Once you decide to come back to the US again in the future, you can simply ask consular processing services to process your green card. You can then obtain a green card to come back to the US at that time, without needing to seek any H-1B sponsorship.
2. For an NIW case, especially for Indian and Chinese people, you need to wait for several years to file your I-485 or consular processing cases while the visa number becomes available for your priority date. However, if you file your I-140 NIW case now to establish an early priority date, you can then apply for consular processing a few years later when you think about returning to the US.
3. An I-140 case approval will enable you and your family to keep your options open. You may currently think that another country is better for you to develop your career. However, a few years later, your children and family may want to return to the US. At that time, an approved I-140 case will make your way to the U.S. much easier.
4. When you are still here in the US, it is convenient for you to collect the recommendation letters and work with your attorney to prepare the case.
You should definitely take into consideration the above-mentioned benefits when deciding whether to apply for an I-140, even if you are thinking about going to another country soon.
At Zhang & Associates, P.C., we have successfully helped many of our clients obtain green cards through consular processing after their NIW, EB-1A or other type of I-140 case was approved. For instance, we helped one of our clients obtain a green card at the U.S. Consulate in London recently. This client filed his I-140 case in 2000, but later he temporarily lost his job during the economic recession in 2001. He then went to London, England to obtain a PhD degree. In 2002, his I-140 case was approved. Last year in 2008, he completed his PhD degree and wanted to come back to work in the US. We then helped him to file the consular processing application, and he went through the interview at the U.S. Consulate in London and received his green card smoothly and quickly.
Since our founding over ten years ago, our firm has continued to provide a wide range of services to our clients. Zhang & Associates, P.C. provides a full-range of immigration services and specializes in NIW, EB-1A and other employment-based immigration categories.
At Zhang & Associates, P.C., you will receive full immigration process support from an experienced attorney. Please do not hesitate to contact our office if you are interested in learning more about what Zhang & Associates, P.C. can do for you!
* Ms. Annie Yang is the managing attorney of Chicago office at Zhang & Associates, PC (www.hooyou.com). Ms. Yang has a proven record of hundreds of successful NIW, EB-1A and other I-140 cases. Ms. Yang can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org