|Joe Chow's Record of Achievement|
• B.S., Landscape Architecture, Texas A&M University, 1969
• Masters, Urban and Regional Planning, Texas A&M University, 1972
• City of Houston, Department of Planning and Development, 1972-1986
• Assistant Director, City of Houston, Department of Planning and Development, 1986-2002 (retired)
• Managing Partner and Owner, Golden Bo Chinese Restaurant, 1979-1993
• Owner, Golden Duck Restaurant, 1999-2003
• Treasurer, Texas Asian Republican Caucus, 2004-Present
• United Way of The Texas Gulf Coast Community Assessment Committee Member, 1995-1996
Fund Allocations Committee Member, 1993-1994
Project Blueprint, Class IV Graduate, Spring, 1990
• Treasurer, Houston Chinese American Lions Club, 2001-Present
President, Houston Chinese American Lions Club, 1993-1995
• Board Member, Greenview Townhomes Association, 1995-1999
• Chairman, Institute of Chinese Culture, 2007-Present
Board Member, 1995-1998, 2004-2006
Joe Chow's Vision for District F
• Crime....I will ensure that our neighborhoods are safer for our families by adding more police on our streets and increasing our
crime fighting presence with additional police storefronts. Our citizens' safety is my number one priority.
• Revitalize District F....I want to see all areas of District F thrive again and that can only be accomplished by bringing new
businesses into our community and with that more jobs. I will also address the aging infrastructure that for too long has been
neglected in the District. As a taxpayer, you deserve more.
• Cut Taxes and Reduce Spending....I will be your advocate at City Hall for lowering your taxes and watching what is spent and
how it is spent. It is my responsibility to see that your money is used wisely when the votes at City Council are taken.
• City Services and Constituent Services....I want to make sure that your basic city services run effectively. From trash
pick-up, flooding, to issues with the water department, my staff will be there to answer questions and "run interference" with the
appropriate department when warranted. I will have a fully staffed office in the District that will be reflective of our many diverse communities and experienced in dealing with
the issues facing you the constituent on a daily basis.
Political Advertising Paid For By The Joe Chow Campaign, P.O. Box 771044, Houston, TX, 77215-1044, Lina Lau, Treasurer
P.O. Box 771044
Houston, Texas 77215-1044