|U.S. Commercial Service Seminar Exporting to South Korea|
U.S. Commercial Service—Connecting you to global markets.
Identify the best markets in South Korea and learn how to take
advantage of them.
Did you know...
• South Korea is the 8th largest export market f • or the U.S. with annual exports totaling $28.6 billion?
• South Korea is the 5th largest export market for Texas with annual exports totalling $5.3 billion?
The Prairie View A&M University Center for International Business Education (CIBER) and the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Houston Export Assistance Center are co-hosting a seminar to discuss international business opportunities and challenges for small businesses. The seminar will feature a series of presentations on global business topics, with a primary focus on exporting to South
Korea. This event is sponsored by a grant from the U.S. Department of Education.
• 9:00 Opening Remarks, Dr. Munir Quddus and Dr. Rahim Quazi,
• 9:15am Export Opportunities in South Korea-Alan Richel, Senior
International Trade Specialist, Houston Export Assistance Center
• 10:15am Ex-Im Bank Programs for Small Business Exporters-Joe
Ringer, Senior Business Development Officer, Ex-Im Bank
• 11:30am International Banking Services of Bank of Texas-M.G.
Shetty, Senior Vice President, Trade Finance & Sales, Bank of Texas
• 12:00 noon Transportation and Logistics for Exporters-Julie Cosman, Owner, Century Freight Corporation
• 12:30pm The Basics of Tax Concerns When Doing Business Abroad-
Allan Tiller, International Tax Attorney, E. Allan Tiller, PLLC
U.S. Commercial Service Seminar
Exporting to South Korea
Register today at:
Date: Thursday, August 5, 2010
Venue: PVAMU Northwest Houston
Campus, Room 203, 9449
Grant Road, Houston, TX 77070
Deadline: July 30, 2010
For more information:
Dr. Rahim Quazi firstname.lastname@example.org 936-261-9225
Alan Richel email@example.com 713-209-3123