|8th Annual Information Technology & Web Venture Forum – Presenting Companies Announced|
See over 60 I.T. and web start ups presenting
Event Date: Thursday, December 9, 2010
Time: 8:00 am – Registration; 9:00 am – Program; 5:00 pm – Company Showcase & Reception
Event Location: Jones Graduate School of Business, Rice University
To Register: Click Here
Early registration deadline: Monday, December 6, 2010 at 5:00 pm!
If you want to understand the IT and web start-up environment in Texas, this is the only event that will allow you to meet nearly every active Venture Capital and organized Angel group in the state. Over 20 investment groups have confirmed their participation.
Learn about the latest trends in web, social media, cloud computing, software as a service, and enterprise applications. Hear from the most influential Internet/Web thought leaders from across the state and across the country.
More than 60 of the most promising early-stage I.T companies have been hand-picked to present and showcase their new venture to an audience of more than 400 venture capitalists, early-stage investors, successful entrepreneurs, academic and business leaders. Attendees will benefit from networking and learning opportunities.
Doug Erwin, Former Chairman and CEO of The Planet
Tomasz Tunguz, Redpoint Ventures
Nicholas Seet, Founder and Former CEO, Auditude
Doug Erwin is one of the most successful serial entrepreneurs in Texas. He has successfully led the growth and eventual sale of three Houston-based entrepreneurial IT companies: PentaSafe Technologies, RLX Technologies, and most recently, The Planet. Earlier he served as Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer of BMC Software.
Tomasz Tunguz is with Redpoint Ventures, a leading Silicon Valley venture capital firm. Redpoint was founded in 1999 by three partners each from Brentwood Venture Capital and Institutional Venture Partners, two of the top ten Silicon Valley venture firms. Redpoint currently has $700 million under management. Tomasz is a sought-after speaker and formerly was Product Manager for Google.
Nicholas Seet is the Founder and Former CEO of Auditude, a company that helps firms monetize their video assets. Auditude works with some of the largest names in online video such as Comcast, Dailymotion, Major League Baseball, Sony Music Group, Universal Music Group and Yahoo!, among others. Auditude is based in Palo Alto and has won numerous awards, including multiple inclusions in the annual Always On 250 (one of the top 250 Private Companies in America).
Venture Capital/Investor Speakers:
Charles Davis, Managing Director, SMH Private Equity Group
Mike Dodd, Venture Partner, Austin Ventures
Blair Garrou, Managing Director, DFJ Mercury
Morris Miller, Managing Director, Cutstone Ventures
Alan Ying, Venture Partner, Chrysalis Ventures
Participating Venture Capital and Investment Firms:
· Access Venture Partners
· Austin Ventures
· Chevron Technology Ventures
· Chrysalis Ventures
· Clear Spring Capital Group
· Covera Ventures
· Cutstone Ventures
· DFJ Mercury
· Element Partners
· G51 Capital
· Houston Fund
· Illinois Ventures
· Redpoint Ventures
· S3 Ventures
· Sevin Rosen Funds
· Silver Creek Ventures
· SMH Private Equity
· Trailblazer Capital
Participating Angel Groups:
· Houston Angel Network
· Central Texas Angel Network (Austin)
· Lone Star Angels (Dallas/Fort Worth)
· South Texas Angel Network (San Antonio)
· North Texas Angel Network (Dallas/Fort Worth)
· West Texas Angel Network (Amarillo)
Business Plan Company Presenters:
· Aqumin - enables real-time, multi-variate comparative analysis of financial data using three-dimensional landscapes
· Infochimps – makes it easy to find, share and sell data online
· Kozio - provides a packaged solution for hardware validation and circuit board testing
· Mezeo Software - provides a platform for cloud storage that is easy to deploy, multi-tenant, scalable and secure
· RF Micron - wireless tracking system in which the transmitter tag is incorporated into an item for identification and tracked using Ultra High Frequency (UHF) electromagnetic waves
Company Update Presenters:
· Envoy LLC - provides advanced measurement, attribution and reporting of online media
· Medi-Code - provides IT data integration and analysis technology and services that help physician practices and small hospitals
· Onit – provides online project and process management tools for business and legal professionals.
· Waldo Health - developed and marketing a unique Remote Patient Monitor (RPM)
· Werkadoo.- connects the right professionals to the right work with unique, proprietary matching algorithm technology
Elevator Pitch Company Presenters:
ACS Engineering Group
Advarian: GoCampaign Project
B&R Software Solutions
CBM Enterprise Solutions
Muuzii Technologies Limited
My Six Percent
PI Integrated Systems / FlexPLANT
Rockwell IT Services
Sfile Technology Corp.
Early Registration Ends Monday!
$75: Early Registration Discount (Registration deadline: Monday, Dec. 6, 2010 at 5pm)
$100: Walk-up Registration
No charge: 2010-2011 Rice Alliance Members
No charge: Full-time Rice faculty / staff / students
To Register: Click Here
Early registration deadline: Monday, December 6, 2010
Membership: Current members of the Rice Alliance can attend this Forum and other events throughout the year at no cost. Corporate membership starts at $500, and individual membership is $175. Membership runs through June 30, 2011.
More Info: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 713.348.3443 or www.alliance.rice.edu
The Rice Alliance for Technology and Entrepreneurship (Rice Alliance) is Rice University’s nationally-recognized initiative devoted to the support of technology commercialization, entrepreneurship education, and the launch of technology companies.
Since inception, the Rice Alliance has assisted in the launch of more than 250 start-ups which have raised more than half-a-billion dollars in early-stage capital. More than 1,000 early-stage companies have presented at the 125+ programs hosted by the Rice Alliance.
The Rice University Business Plan Competition is the World’s Richest and Largest, awarding more than $1 million in prizes; 95 past competitors are in business today having raised in excess of $223 million.
- 2010 #6 Best U.S. Graduate Entrepreneurship Program – Princeton Review and Entrepreneur magazine
- 2009 Outstanding Center for Entrepreneurial Leadership - GCEC
- 2009 Outstanding Technology Entrepreneurship Program – USASBE
- 2009 Marketer of the Year – American Marketing Association
- 2008 Houston’s Greatest Economic Development Ally – Greater Houston Partnership