|To My Friends and Neighbors in District 3, It’s an honor to share with you why I am running for Sugar Land City Council District 3, and why I am the best qualified candidate for this position.|
• I am a successful business executive with a Ph.D. in Engineering and have worked as a professional engineer/consultant for 22 years.
• I have worked on many municipal government projects in the areas of water treatment, utility infrastructure and environmental controls.
• I have been active in the Sugar Land community, including serving as a volunteer for the Sugar Land Police Department on its community hotline for neighborhood safety, and also served as a volunteer with the Fort Bend ISD Education Foundation.
• I am a Texan who raised my family in the Edgewater subdivision in Sugar Land for 21 years. My wife and I attend the Fort Bend Community Church and my son, a former ROTC group commander in Dulles H.S., is now at Texas A&M with plans to join the Air Force.
My focus will be on four key issues . . .
• Ensuring that Sugar Land continues to enjoy the benefits of a strong local economy
• Ensuring that our quality of life continues to be one of the best in Texas
• Ensuring that our community is safe for our families
• Ensuring that our local government is accountable
I believe that accountability in government is important and each of us can make a positive difference by participating in the political process. I will commit to serve my constituents and will be accountable and use common sense in making decisions that affect the entire Sugar Land community. My actions will be guided by those principles. I will be a good steward of the taxpayers’ hard earned money. My engineering and management experience will be valuable. I understand the types of major capital projects that the city is undertaking and will work to ensure that we spend taxpayers’ money wisely. My long history of community involvement in Sugar Land gives me a very good understanding of the quality of life issues that Sugar Land citizens believe are important. I was appointed by the First Colony Community Association (FCCA) Board to fill the unexpired term vacated by Don Olson on March 24th. Sugar Land residents are fortunate to live in a safe community and we must continue to maintain that safety by increasing citizen awareness. I appreciate the opportunity of introducing myself to you. If you want a strong and committed leader as your representative on City Council, I humbly ask for your support in my campaign and your vote in the May 14th election.
Howard Paul Candidate for Sugar Land City Council, District 3
Political Advertisement Paid by Howard Paul Campaign, Terese Raia,Treasurer