|Contact: Margaret Watson (OTC) |
The 2011 Offshore Technology Conference (2-5 May, Houston) is nearly here!
This year’s exhibition will be the largest conference in 29 years and will offer the latest tools and services from more than 2,500 companies across three distinct areas, Reliant Center, Reliant Arena, and the newly expanded outdoor area, the OTC Parkway.
Highlighting Diversity in Energy, People and Resources
OTC offers panel sessions where industry leaders discuss current challenges and future directions, special presentations at industry breakfasts and topical lunches, and approximately 300 technical presentations.
OTC 2011 will present solutions for a wide range of topics such as major project updates, management, and health, safety, and environment. Browse the technical program.
Particular emphasis will be on impacts to oil and gas developments in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico following the Macondo oil spill. In the post-spill regime, there is a new era of government regulation and oversight, as well as evolving impacts. Several panels of experts and high-level government officials will address issues related to risk, drilling safety, energy development, and spill response for future oil and gas developments.
Latest Technology in Exhibition
OTC ranks among the largest annually held trade shows in the US. The OTC exhibition includes 600,000 net sq ft of new products and technologies that can improve field results. The exhibit is a powerful draw: attendees spend an average of eight hours on the exhibit floor. In addition to the individual companies exhibiting at OTC, countries from around the world sponsor exhibits.
OTC is recognizing innovative technologies again this year with the Spotlight on New Technology Award. This awards program is exclusively for OTC exhibitors and is designed to showcase the latest and most advanced technologies that are leading the industry into the future. For more information, click here.
Start Your Conference Planning Now
We’ve introduced several new tools to find exhibitors and sessions:
* Browse the OTC website for exhibitors by name, products, or booth location;
* Use the new OTC Pre-Conference Planner from work or home computers to search for sessions, find exhibitors, and build a personal plan online; or
* Download the mobile version, OTC Mobile Planner, on a smart phone to view a plan or start a new account in advance.
OTC Press Room: New Location and Services!
To better serve journalists and offer additional amenities, OTC has separated press registration and the press working area into two locations in Reliant Center.
Journalists will report to room 108D on level 1 near the entrance to Hall D to register or to pick up their badge and press ribbon if pre-registered.
The OTC press room is now located in room 403 on level 2 near many of the OTC conference sessions to offer more seating and a quieter work environment for journalists filing stories or reviewing notes.
The OTC press conference room remains in room D1, next to the press registration room on Level 1.
Press Registration and Badge Pick-Up Room Overview
Level 1, Room 108D
+1.832.667.3031 (during press room hours only)
Press Registration Room Features:
* Register or pick-up your badge and ribbon if you pre-registered.
* Enjoy complimentary coffee and tea in the morning.
* Relax in our seating area while you wait for your badge or plan your schedule.
* Make a local or international phone call while you wait for your badge or plan your schedule.
* Conduct individual interviews with exhibitors or speakers in a new partitioned area (available first-come, first-serve).
* Pick up press kits and see latest press releases from OTC exhibiting companies.
* Use a self-serve computer and printer (15-minute limit per person, please).
* Videographers and photographers: check in this room. Guidelines for video and recording at OTC.
Press Registration and Press Room Hours
Sunday, 1 May 1300–1500
Monday, 2 May 0700–1730
Tuesday, 3 May 0700–1730
Wednesday, 4 May 0700–1730
Thursday, 5 May 0700–1730
Press Room Overview
Level 2, Room 403
+1. 832.667.3032 (during press room hours only)
Press Room Features:
* Includes more workspaces and internet connections for working journalists.
* Located near the technical session, breakfast, and luncheon rooms.
* Enjoy complimentary refreshments throughout the day.
* Use one of two self-serve computers (15-minute limit per person, please).
* Make a local or international phone call.
* Use international fax, printer, and copy machine.
* Please note: Registration and badge pickup are not available in this room.
Press Conference Room
Press conferences will be held in room D1 on level 1 of Reliant Center, next to the Press Registration and Badge Pick-Up Room.
Upcoming press conferences will be announced in both press rooms and you can also browse the press conference schedule in advance here. We will add topics and speaker details as we receive them.
View Exhibitor Press Releases
Search OTC exhibitor press releases by company, or view all press releases by clicking the search button without typing in a company or keyword.