|Please forward to your contacts. Scholarships will be awarded in 2 divisions (Nationally two scholarships will be awarded in each). Results will be announced in June and presented at the 51st Biennial National Convention in Houston, July 27-30, 2011.|
1. High school graduating seniors class of 2011.
2. College students who have completed the sophomore year by June 2011 and will continue their education for the 2011-2012 academic year.
CHINESE AMERICAN CITIZENS ALLIANCE
WALTER U. LUM FOUNDATION
NATIONAL SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS RULES AND REGULATIONS
Scholarships will be awarded in two divisions: two (2) $1,000 scholarships in the college undergraduate division and two $500 scholarships in the high school division. Each lodge is entitled to submit one nomination for consideration in each division. Former national scholarship recipients are ineligible to apply.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. Applicants shall be of Chinese ancestry (minimum one-quarter).
2. The completed application form shall be accompanied with the following supporting materials.
(a) Current official transcript.
(b) Two (2) reference letters from instructors, community leaders, employers and/or others
(family and friends excluded).
(c) List of involvement in school, community, civic, church and/or charitable
(d) Personal expression essay. Should include career aspiration and personal
outlook (shall not to exceed 500 words).
3. An incomplete or illegible application package or an application package submitted directly by the applicant will not be considered.
Additional rules and regulations for the college division (in addition to Nos. 1-3).
4. The college applicant must have completed the sophomore year by June 2011 and have plans to continue college for the 2011-2012 academic year. Furthermore, students shall have not graduated at the time of the award presentation (July 2011).
5. Evidence of financial need may be considered. Questions on the application form are to be answered completely.
Additional rules and regulations for high school division (in addition to Nos. 1-3)
4. The applicant must be a high school graduate (Class of 2011) at the time of the presentation and must be college bound; have been accepted or applied to an accredited university, college or trade school.
The deadline for the application and all supporting documents must be received no later than
May 6, 2011. Please return completed application packages to:
1114 Heathwood Ct.