|Contact: Margaret Watson (OTC) |
Monday attendance was greater than the Monday attendance for the past two years. We look forward to another good day at the show.
New OTC Press Release
Inaugural Annual OTC Dinner Raises $200,000 for Gulf of Mexico Foundation, Presents Distinguished Achievement Awards (1 May 2011)
OTC Press Registration Room and Press Room Information
* As a reminder, OTC has separated press registration and the press working area into two locations in Reliant Center.
* Journalists can report to the OTC Press Registration Room (room 108D on level 1 near the entrance to Hall D) between 0700 and 1730 to register or to pick up their badge and press ribbon if pre-registered.
* Journalists can visit and work in the OTC press room (room 403 on level 2 near many of the OTC conference sessions) between 0700 and 1730. This room offers more seating and a quieter work environment for journalists filing stories or reviewing notes.
* The OTC press conference room remains in room D1, next to the press registration room on Level 1. A press conference schedule for today is listed below and is also updated on an ongoing basis online here.
Please note: The parking lot shuttles will pick up and drop off at Reliant Center and Reliant Arena; however, the hotel buses will ONLY pick up and drop off at the Arena. If you arrive at the Arena, there is a shuttle that loops from the Arena to the Center and back every 3 to 5 minutes.
Guidelines for Photography/Audio and Video Recording
No audio recording, video recording, or photography is allowed without OTC's permission. All journalists seeking to do any of these things must register as press and check in at the OTC press room. They will be asked to sign a form agreeing to the follow OTC's policies on photography and audio and video recording.
Press Access to Breakfast Sessions, Luncheons, and Special Events
* Press are allowed to cover any ticketed event without a ticket, but are not offered a meal.
* We try to provide chairs for the press, but some events may be sold out and offer standing room only for press on a first-come, first-served basis.
* OTC will not provide press with complimentary tickets to any of the special events; however, you may purchase a ticket to an event to guarantee entry and a meal here.
Industry Breakfast – Mexico
0730-0900, Reliant Center, Level 2 (room to be determined on-site)
0730-0900 (rooms to be determined on-site)
* Learning Lessons, Looking Forward: BP and the Future of the Deep Water, Reliant Center, Level 2
* Current Affairs in the Australian Oil and Gas Market, Reliant Arena, Level 2
0730-0900 (room to be determined on-site)
Professional Ethics in Offshore Operations, Reliant Center, Level 2
Reliant Center, Reliant Arena and OTC Parkway
UNIVERSITY R&D SHOWCASE
0900-1730, Reliant Center, Level 2
Morning Technical Program
Panel Session – “Building a New Energy Future and What is the Next Surprise for World Energy?”
0930-1200, Reliant Center, Level 2, Room 306
* Gamal A. Hassan, Business Development Manager, Baker Hughes
* Henyo Trindade Barretto, Senior Consultant to Petrobras CEO
* Stephen Greenlee, President of ExxonMobil Exploration Company
* Ali Moshiri, President of Chevron, Africa and Latin America Exploration and Production Company
* Farouq Hussain Al-Zanki, Chief Executive Officer of Kuwait Petroleum Corporation
* Zuhair Hussain, Vice President of Drilling & Workover, Saudi Aramco
* Ing. Evita H. Legowo, Under Secretary of Energy, Indonesia Government
* Christopher Smith, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Oil & Natural Gas, USA Government
0930-1200, Reliant Center, Level 2
* Flow Assurance: What Have We Learned from the Fields and Modelings?, Room 604
* Economic and Technical Drivers to Gas Commercialization, Room 602
* Offshore Pipelines I, Room 312
* Frigg Decommissioning: A Class Act, Room 610
* Welding Technologies for the 21st Century, Room 606
* Ocean Mining: A True Deepwater Technical Challenge, Room 600
1215-1345 (room to be determined on-site)
* Incorporating High-Integrity Pressure Protection Systems Into Subsea System Designs
* OGX: A Brazilian Company—A Successful Model
* ExxonMobil: Researching the Fundamentals to Support Operations Integrity
* Oil Spill in the Gulf of Mexico
* CO2 Technology Center Mongstad (TCM) at the Forefront of Innovation
Afternoon Technical Program
Panel Session - “Oil Spill: Industry, Government and Academic Views on Prevention and Effects”
1400-1630, Reliant Center, Level 2, Room 306
* Chip Claiborne, Chevron
* Greg Carter, Nautilus Offshore
* Christopher Smith, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Oil and Gas, Dept. of Energy
* Dave Payne, VP Drilling and Completions, Chevron
* Martin Massey, CEO Marine Well Containment Corporation
* Hanadi Rifai, Director Environmental Engineering Graduate Program, University of Houston
1400-1630, Reliant Center, Level 2
* Flow Assurance: Strategies and Technologies for Fighting Hydrates, Room 604
* Integrity Management of Subsea Assets, Room 602
* Hybrid Riser Systems, Room 312
* West Africa Geohazards, Room 610
* Metocean Madness!, Room 606
* Ocean Mining II: Another Way of Mining, Room 600
Tuesday’s Press Conference Schedule
Press conferences are held in Room D1 on the first floor of Reliant Center, next to the OTC Press Registration Room. See additional details online.
0900-0950 WFS Technologies
1100-1150 Magma Global
1200-1250 AMEC Paragon - CANCELLED
Additional OTC MEDIA RESOURCES
* Browse the OTC site for exhibitors by name, products, or booth location.
* Search OTC exhibitor press releases by company, or view all press releases by clicking the search button without typing in a company or keyword.
* Visit the OTC Twitter site from your web-enabled (smart) phone to keep up with special events and program updates.
* Download the OTC Mobile Planner, on a smart phone to view a plan or start a new account in advance.