Margaret Watson (OTC)
Wednesday, 4 May
"We had great attendance on Tuesday, staying about 10% above last year. The exhibition halls were very busy, and exhibitors told us that a lot of quality business transacted. We reached 85% capacity of all parking Reliant Park offers, yet were still able to get everyone in. The expanded outdoor exhibits in the new OTC parkway had a positive effect on exhibitors in the Arena and outdoors, allowing exhibitors more opportunities to see more customers, and customers to see more technology," said Stephen Graham, associate managing director of OTC.
OTC Press Registration Room and Press Room Information
As a reminder, OTC has separated press registration and the press working area into two locations in Reliant Center.
* Journalists can report to the OTC Press Registration Room (room 108D on level 1 near the entrance to Hall D) between 0700 and 1730 to register or to pick up their badge and press ribbon if pre-registered.
* Journalists can visit and work in the OTC press room (room 403 on level 2 near many of the OTC conference sessions) between 0700 and 1730. This room offers more seating and a quieter work environment for journalists filing stories or reviewing notes.
* The OTC press conference room remains in room D1, next to the press registration room on Level 1. A press conference schedule for today is listed below and is also updated on an ongoing basis online here.
Guidelines for Photography/Audio and Video Recording
No audio recording, video recording, or photography is allowed without OTC's permission. All journalists seeking to do any of these things must register as press and check in at the OTC press room. They will be asked to sign a form agreeing to the follow OTC's policies on photography and audio and video recording.
Press Access to Breakfast Sessions, Luncheons, and Special Events
* Press are allowed to cover any ticketed event without a ticket, but are not offered a meal.
* We try to provide chairs for the press, but some events may be sold out and offer standing room only for press on a first-come, first-served basis.
* OTC will not provide press with complimentary tickets to any of the special events; however, you may purchase a ticket to an event to guarantee entry and a meal here.
Industry Breakfast – Malaysia: Emerging Areas of Interest for Oil and Gas Industry
0730-0900, Reliant Center, Level 2 (room TBD on-site)
0730-0900, Reliant Center, Level 2 (rooms TBD on-site)
* Marine Archaeology
* Kuwait Oil Company
* Process Safety in Offshore Operations
Reliant Center, Arena and OTC Parkway Outdoor Exhibits
Morning Technical Program
Panel: Capturing Carbon Credits from Offshore Carbon Sequestration
0930-1200, Reliant Center, Level 2, Room 306
Moderator: Charles Knobloch, Arnold & Knobloch
Elaine B. Darby, P.E., Sr. Managing Engineer, Anchor QEA
David Castillo, Global Director and VP Reservoir GeoMechanics, Baker Hughes
Ruth M. Ivory-Moore, Counsel, ExxonMobil - Corporate Law
John Cain, Principal Advisor, Chevron
Gardner Hill, Special Advisor, BP Alternative Energy
Alex Rau, Principal, Climate Wedge
Keith Casto, Partner, Shook, Hardy & Bacon
0930-1200, Reliant Center, Level 2
* Major Projects: Managing for Value, Room 604
* Floating LNG Technologies, Room 602
* Offshore Pipelines II, Room 312
* Advances in CFD Simulation, Room 610
* Carbon Capture Sequestration, Room 606
* Marine Archaeology I: The Legal Aspects, Room 600
1215-1345, Reliant Center, Level 2 (rooms TBD on-site)
* ADNOC Major Offshore Development: Opportunities and Challenges
* Updated Information on the Pre-Salt Development Offshore Brazil
* Major Investments in Offshore Indonesia
* DeepStar: Deepwater Technology Development
* Recent Developments in Israel
Afternoon Technical Program
Panel: Global Gas Markets, the New Reality: Is it Shale and LNG, or Shale or LNG?
1400-1630, Reliant Center, Level 2, Room 306
Moderator: Bob Fryklund, IHS CERA
Rafael McDonald, Associate Director, IHS CERA Research
Davis Thames, President Marketing, Cheniere
Richard Davis, Manager Oil, Gas Chemical Bechtel
Emma Cochrane, Vice President, ExxonMobil
1400-1630, Reliant Center, Level 2
* In-Line Components of Offshore Pipeline, Room 604
* Marginal Field and Brown Field Development and Operation, Room 602
* Advances in Deepwater Steel Riser Technology, Room 312
* New Well Completion Technology, Room 610
* Materials Technology, Room 606
* Marine Archaeology II: Case Studies, Room 600
Wednesday’s Press Conference Schedule
Press conferences are held in Room D1 on the first floor of Reliant Center, next to the OTC Press Registration Room. See additional details online.
0800–0850 Wild Well Control
1000–1050 Bornemann Pumps, Inc
1100–1150 Paradigm Flow Solutions
1200–1250 Tailwind International Air Charters
1300–1350 Indonesia Director General
1400–1450 Aker Solutions
1600–1650 MyCelx Technologies
Offshore Technology Conference
222 Palisades Creek Drive; Richardson, Texas, USA 75080-2040