|NEW YEAR’S NOON BASH|
High Steppers brass band spotlights New Year’s Eve celebration complete with noon countdown, ball drop, and dance party!
Special holiday hours 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Museum closed New Year’s Day; Open January 2
WHAT: The Children’s Museum of Houston’s (CMH) New Year’s Noon is the city’s longest-running New Year’s Eve celebration just for kids! This end-of-year bash rings the New Year at the stroke of noon with a parade and shimmering ball drop, just like they do in Times Square! Kids don’t have to stay up till midnight to celebrate! Welcome the New Year kid-style and stick around for our after party!
• New Year’s Eve Parade with High Steppers New Orleans Style Brass Band: Dance to jazzy tunes as the High Steppers step up to our exciting New Year’s parade.
Event Time: Parade begins at 11:30 a.m. in Kid’s Hall.
• Countdown and Brilliant Ball Drop: Watch as we celebrate the beginning of a new year with a countdown to noon and an anticipating ball drop, just like they do on TV!
Event Time: Countdown begins at 11:45 a.m. in the Allen Family Courtyard following parade.
• After Party with DJ Zin: Stick around as we leap into the New Year and dance the afternoon away.
Event Time: Noon in the Allen Family Courtyard following ball drop.
• Sugar Land Skeeters Mascots, Swatson and Moe: What’s the buzz? Hang out with the newest members of the upcoming baseball team.
Event Time: 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. throughout the Museum.
• LED New Year’s Glasses: Get a new look and outlook at the Inventor’s Workshop.
• Sound Sandwich: Make some holiday noise! Manipulate craft sticks, straws, and rubber bands into a noise maker that uses vibration to create noise at Science Station.
• Straw Oboe: Turn an ordinary straw into an extraordinary oboe at Science Station.
• Alka Seltzer Rockets: Shoot on over to Science Station to blast off a film canister rocket and salute the New Year.
WHEN: New Year’s Noon Bash, Dec. 31, 2011
Countdown to NOON begins at 11:45 a.m.
WHERE: Children’s Museum of Houston, 1500 Binz, Houston, TX 77004
•MUSEUM NEW YEAR’S EVE HOURS: 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
•Museum will be closed on New Year’s Day, Jan. 1. Open Jan. 2
•General Museum admission: $8 per person and $7 for seniors 65+. Children under one and Museum Members receive free admission.
Free Family Night every Thursday 5 – 8 p.m.
•For more information, visit www.cmhouston.org or call (713) 522-1138.
***Events, activities and times subject to change.