|Children’s Museum of Houston celebrates two weeks of Christmas with holiday activities, performances and more!|
NOW - December 24
Open Monday Dec. 19, 26, & Jan. 2
Open till 3 p.m. on Christmas Eve
Closed Christmas Day
WHAT: Merry Christmas from all of us at the Children's Museum of Houston! Celebrate Jesus Christ’s birth with activities sure to put the family in the holiday spirit! Celebrate Christmas as part of Seasons of Sharing, Houston’s only multicultural holiday exhibit spotlighting seven cultural celebrations, Nov. 12 – Jan. 8. The Museum’s gift shop, Fiddle Sticks Toys, will open for last minute shoppers until 3 p.m. on Dec. 24.
• The Children’s Music Foundation: Catch a magical musical performance!
Event Time: Dec. 22 at 6:30 p.m. during Free Family Night in the Brown Auditorium.
• Santa’s Sleigh-a-Pult: Santa’s reindeer have called in sick and can’t deliver presents! What’s a jolly guy to do? Make a Sleigh-a-Pult at the Inventors’ Workshop.
• Custom Holiday Wrapping Paper: Make your gifts extra special by designing unique holiday wrapping paper to cover them in at the Alexander Art Academy.
• Nature Wreath: Explore your sense of wonder as you pick out what items would look best on your wreath at EcoStation.
• Christmas Bird Count: This holiday tradition has existed since 1900. Grab a pair of binoculars and count how many birds you spot at EcoStation.
• Clothespin Reindeer: One upside down for the face and antlers and two right side up for the feet, plus googly eyes and pom poms on the face at Junktion.
WHEN: Seasons of Sharing: Christmas, NOW - December 24, 2011
***Events, activities and times subject to change.
WHERE: Children’s Museum of Houston, 1500 Binz, Houston, TX 77004
MUSEUM HOURS: Tues. – Sat.: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.; Sun: Noon – 6 p.m.
General Museum admission: $8 per person and $7 for seniors 65+. Children under one and Museum Members receive free admission.
Free Family Night every Thursday 5 – 8 p.m.
For more information, visit www.cmhouston.org or call (713) 522-1138.