|For Immediate Release|
Contact: Cecil Fong, firstname.lastname@example.org
Houston – The 12th annual Diversity Summit will be on May 11, 2012 at Sugar Land Marriott TownSquare, 16090 City Walk, Sugar Land, TX 77479. Summit Co-Chairs this year are Renee Byas from Houston Community College and John Sequeira from Shell. The theme is “Exploring the Future of Diversity and Inclusion”.
Started in 2001, the annual Diversity Summit brings together organizations and individuals to see how we can better leverage Diversity and Inclusion in the workplace and enhance business bottom line as a result. The focus will be to:
▪ Share best practices and allow participants to learn from those who have been suc-cessful in integrating Diversity and Inclusion into their businesses.
▪ Provide professional development opportunities which will facilitate employees to maximize their potential and enable a workforce which will stay ahead of the changing global marketplace.
▪ Facilitate networking opportunities.
For this year Summit, we will have plenary sessions including an CEO Forum in the morning, followed by 4 concurrent tracks in the afternoon covering topics ranging from professional de-velopment to overcoming workplace obstacles. For the CEO Forum, we will have
◦ Glenn Godkin – President Wells Fargo Bank Greater Houston Region
◦ George Gaston – CEO, Memorial Hermann Southwest Hospital
◦ Maria Rios – CEO, Nation Waste
In addition to the sessions, there will be a Coach's Corner, Leadership Networking Breakfast, and Corporate Exhibit. During the luncheon, we will recognize 2 deserving Diversity Champi-ons from Greater Houston area:
◦ Corporate - Earl Shipp, Dow Chemical
◦ Community - Dolly Brenneman, Sourcing for Greatness
More than 500 attendees are expected from both the public and private sectors including Amegy Bank, Andrews Kurth, BP, CenterPoint Energy, Cole Chemical, Houston Community College, Frost Bank, H-E-B, Marathon Oil, Memorial Southwest Hospital, Metro Bank, Reliant Energy, Rice University, Shell Oil, Spectra Energy, United Airlines, Utility Revenue Manage-ment, Wells Fargo Bank. Conference logistics is provided by Association of Chinese American Professionals.
Conference registration is $75 per person with discounted prices for students and area chamber members. For additional information, please go to www.diversitysummit.org.