What better place to celebrate National Cheesecake Day is there than The Cheesecake Factory itself? The restaurant is known for having more than 30 different flavors of cheesecake, all of which will be available for half the regular price on Monday, July 30, which is -- you guessed it -- National Cheesecake Day.
The restaurant will also be unveiling a brand-new flavor that day: OREO® Dream Extreme Cheesecake, which features a layer of vanilla cheesecake loaded with OREO cookies, layers of moist fudge cake and OREO cookie mousse and is topped with milk chocolate icing and a large OREO cookie wafer. And yes, you can get a slice of OREO cake for half-off that day, too.The National Cheesecake Day offer is being extended until July 31 for The Cheesecake Factory Facebook fans only! Find the offer on The Cheesecake Factory Facebook page.
Oreo Cookie Cheesecake Sandwiches
• Slices of your favorite cheesecake
• Oreo cookies
• Your favorite toppings (Jimmies, mini chocolate chips, chopped toffee, coconut & chocolate curls, etc.)
1. Remove the cheesecake slices from refrigeration and place into a mixing bowl. Fold with a rubber spatula. Do not over-mix. (Cheesecake should still be somewhat firm and not too soft. It must hold its shape when being scooped.)
2. Line a sheet of pan with wax paper.
3. Separate Oreo cookies into two halves and arrange the halves side by side on the sheet pan. (It’s OK if the cream does not cleanly break apart.)
4. Scoop a 1-oz. level scoop of the cheesecake mixture and place on top of one of the cookie halves. Gently press the other cookie half on top to form your Oreo Cookie Cheesecake Sandwich. Repeat until remaining cheesecake mixture has been used.
5. Gently roll the Oreo Cookie Cheesecake Sandwich in your favorite topping(s) until the entire outer edge of the cheesecake is evenly covered.
6. Place the finished Oreo Cookie Cheesecake Sandwiches in the freezer for ½ hour before serving. After freezing, sandwiches can be enjoyed immediately or kept under refrigeration for one day. They can also be stored for up to one week in the freezer wrapped in plastic or in a freezer proof container although the cookie will become soft and they will eat like a classic ice cream sandwich.
7. Bon Appétit
On the Web:
The Cheesecake Factory — http://www.thecheesecakefactory.com/
The Cheesecake Factory on Facebook — http://www.facebook.com/thecheesecakefactory