|The Korean Community Center, Inc. (KCC) in partnership with Workforce Solutions|
This Job Fair will have some 15 local employers actively looking for employees. Many of the employers are looking for bilingual applicants with Chinese, Vietnamese, Spanish and Korean language skills.
Date and Time: August 7, 2013 (Wednesday), 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Location: Korean Community Center, 1809 Hollister St., Houston, Texas 77080
This is the second in a series of collaborative efforts between KCC and Workforce Solutions. The purpose of the Job Fair is to help the job seekers get jobs from local employers who are looking for workers.
Who should attend:
1. Those who are educated in the U.S. and are familiar with job search mechanism looking for a new of better job,
2. Those who had professional jobs in the mother countries and seeking equivalent jobs,
3. Those who had jobs before but seeking employment again because of a long lay over due to personal reasons such as raising children or retirees looking for second careers and
4. Those who are looking for any reasonable jobs including entry level positions.
The Workforce Solutions and KCC staff will greet job seekers and will individually assist them to be successful in job hunting. Assistance will be provided in the following areas:
1. Matching job seekers interest with suitable employers,
2. Preparation of Resume or Updating/Revision of Resume,
3. Preparation for interviews with employers including mock interviews,
4. Registration of individuals in the Workforce Solutions data base so that continuous future matching with potential employers would be provided.
Job seekers will be guided to appropriate booths for employment discussions. Many companies will set up separate interview rooms upstairs for individual interviews with potential employees.
** KCC is a 501-c-3 Nonprofit organization dedicated to providing community services since 2009.
*** Workforce Solutions helps Texas Workforce Commission finding proper employment for Texans.