|HARRIS COUNTY CLERK KICKS OFF VOTING WITH PHOTO ID|
CLERK REMINDS VOTERS, “BRING YOUR PHOTO ID TO THE POLLS”
WHAT:Harris County Clerk Stan Stanart kicks off Early Voting using his photo ID to vote.
WHO:Stan Stanart is the Chief Elections official of the 3rd largest county in the nation. As such, Stanart is charged with administering elections in Harris County.
WHEN:Monday, October 21, 2013 at 7:45 a.m.
WHERE:Metropolitan Multi-Services Center, 1475 W. Gray, Houston, TX 77019
WHY: “Due to a change in Texas Election law, all voters are now required to provide one of the seven types of photo IDs when voting in-person,” informed Stanart. “I urge every qualified voter to vote early with their Photo ID and exercise their right to vote.” Early Voting will run from October 21 to November 1. Election Day is November 5th.
Stanart will explain how Harris County is ready for voters to vote with their Photo ID.
HOW:The state approved photo IDs for voting are:
• Texas Driver License issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS)
• Texas Election Identification Certificate issued by DPS
• Texas Personal Identification card issued by DPS
• Texas Concealed Handgun License issued by DPS
• United States Military Identification Card containing the person’s photograph
• United States Citizenship Certificate containing the person’s photograph
• United States Passport
Visit www.HarrisVotes.com for Photo ID details, ballot by mail information, Early Voting locations, Election Day polling locations, or viewing a voter specific ballot. Call 713-755-6965 for further assistance..
1001 Preston, 4th Floor ∙ P.O. Box 1148 ∙ Houston, TX 77251-1148 ∙ 713.755.6411