| Invitation from Wendy Adair|
Texas Southern University
Vice President, University Advancement
Hannah Hall #205
Houston, TX 77004
Dear Texas Southern University Friends:
Four years ago Texas Southern University made national history when MSNBC chose the University to host their Town Hall meeting regarding Obama’s America. The program garnered the largest African American audience in MSNBC history and was internationally acclaimed.
Next week on Friday, April 25, we once again have the opportunity to showcase our University and our people across the globe when MSNBC returns to the Texas Southern University campus to launch their “Growing Hope” program to focus on everyday people and their hopes for America. MSNBC is asking people from the Houston community to come and share your thoughts on issues that impact our community and our country.
We want to invite you to join us as a participant in this live national broadcast beginning at 12 noon through 7 p.m. on the University Plaza in the heart of the TSU campus.
Friday, April 25th, 2014
University Plaza – 3100 Cleburne St., Houston, TX 77004
12 Noon – 7 p.m.
Free Parking in East or West Garages
We would love for you to join us and:
· Appear on live TV with MSNBC Host Alex Wagner from 3 to 4 p.m. that day
· Visit the MSNBC booth at Texas Southern University to receive prizes
· Share your hopes and explore the hopes of others in your community
· Meet MSNBC celebrities (take pictures, Tweet, Facebook, Instagram)
· Write your hope on a printed leaf and add it to the Growing Hope Tree
· Add your voice to the conversation by using the Twitter hash tag #growinghope and including @msnbc
· Learn more about Growing Hope, visit msnbc.com/growinghope
· Capture video vines on your cell phones and post
It is important that we support this program and have a great crowd for MSNBC and the program. Remember, this is a true showcase for the University! Please help us spread the invitation and bring your friends and colleagues with you to the event.
Thank you all.