MOODY GARDENS HOLIDAY SEASON KICKS OFF NOV. 15 WITH GRAND OPENING OF ICE LAND: ICE SCULPTURES WITH SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS AND THE 13TH ANNUAL FESTIVAL OF LIGHTS Tom Kenny and the Hi-Seas to Kick-off Holiday Celebration with Live Performance on Opening Day
BY Alex Wang [ November 30, 2014 at 05:04:51 ]
Galveston, Texas (Oct. 23, 2014) — Moody Gardens has announced the grand opening of ICE LAND: Ice Sculptures with SpongeBob SquarePants and the 13th annual Festival of Lights debut on Saturday, Nov. 15. As a special treat for guests, this year’s opening day celebration will not only have parachuting Santa, but will also feature a special, live performance by Tom Kenny, the voice of SpongeBob SquarePants, and his band the Hi-Seas to help welcome in the holiday season.
As the only holiday ice exhibition on the Gulf Coast, ICE LAND: Ice Sculptures with SpongeBob SquarePants will transform Moody Gardens into the premiere holiday destination in the Southwest with the help of the beloved underwater characters from Nickelodeon’s hit animated series, SpongeBob SquarePants. Chilled and held at a temperature of 9 degrees, guests can witness this vast and magnificent holiday display of 900 tons of towering ice creations through January 4. Admission to the exhibition is $26.95 for adults, $21.95 for seniors and $15.95 for children, and is also included in both Value Passes.
• Tom Kenny and the Hi-Seas will kick-off the grand opening of ICE LAND: Ice Sculptures with SpongeBob SquarePants at noon with their first performance for the day.
• Free holiday-themed entertainment from talented locals including the Galveston Ballet and Master Illusionist Curt Miller and Friends is scheduled from 4 to 6 p.m.
• Guests can welcome Santa at 5 p.m. when he parachutes down from the North Pole to help prepare Moody Gardens for the grand lighting.
• Tom Kenny and the Hi-Seas will perform again at 5:15 p.m., along with SpongeBob SquarePants, followed by a special musical performance from Galveston ISD.
• After these dazzling performances, Mr. Claus will flip the switch to begin the Festival of Lights at 6 p.m. and officially ring in the holiday season on Galveston Island.
Tom Kenny, who voices the lead role of SpongeBob in Nickelodeon’s iconic hit series SpongeBob SquarePants, is a notable voice actor who has also lent his talents to other Nick classics, such as the voice of “Dog” in CatDog and “Heffer” on Rocko’s Modern Life. Since its 1999 debut, SpongeBob SquarePants has consistently been the most watched animated series with kids across all TV, in addition to being nominated for 15 Emmy Awards.
Admission to the Festival of Lights is $8.95, including ice skating admission. Guests can bring their own skates or skate rental is available for $7 with the purchase of a Festival of Lights ticket. Tickets to the Aquarium Pyramid®, Rainforest Pyramid®, MG 3D Theater, 4D Special FX Theater, Colonel Paddlewheel Boat and Arctic Ice Slide are available for just $7 each with a Festival ticket. Arctic Ice Slide Passes are $7 for one slide, $20 for 10 slides and $25 for all day extended fun and excitement at one of the Festival’s coolest attractions. A Value Pass is offered that includes admission to the various Moody Gardens attractions including Ice Land and Festival of Lights for $59.95 with a three dollar discount when purchased at moodygardens.org. A Two-Day Pass is available for $79.95.
For more information, please call 800-582-4673 or visit moodygardens.org.
Moody Gardens® is a public, non-profit, educational destination utilizing nature in the advancement of rehabilitation, conservation, recreation, and research.